- Entrant must have the legal right and ability to give broad permission for RoverWorks to use the photo of their pet and/or must have secured, prior to entry, the written permission of any person and/or pet owner other than entrant.
- In addition, the submitters will be required to sign a liability and publicity release form and to sign and return, within 14 days of notification.
Selection and Criteria: At least one and up to 3 photographs, the final number in RoverWorks sole discretion, will be selected from among all eligible entries by RoverWorks and based on the criteria below. Suitable photos for the Rover Book should meet the following criteria:
- Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted.
- Photo must show at least one dog, cat, rabbit, bird, horses or any other pet (no reptiles).
- Photo should depict the pet(s) in a manner consistent with the Rover brand.
- Photo must fit the size criteria.
Retail Value: Photo(s) will be used in a future edition(s) of the Rover Book as determined by RoverWorks. Inclusion rates start at $495. Physical book(s) are not included in this purchase. RoverWorks will notify participants of pre-sale opportunities for purchase.
- RoverWorks is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entries, whether caused by electronic, network, software or computer failures and malfunctions of any kind or by human error. RoverWorks assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client, insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail, or for any other technical reason.
- RoverWorks reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or terminate the Promotion (or any portion thereof) if fraud, misconduct or technical failures, including computer virus, bug, or other technical problems, destroy or threaten to destroy the integrity of the Promotion.
- In the event a dispute arises regarding specific submission entitled for inclusion, entry will be deemed made by the “authorized e-mail account holder,” which shall mean the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Upon a finding on non-compliance with these Official Rules and requirements, or if submission notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if a submitter is found to be ineligible, such inclusion will be forfeited and payment returned.
- The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. It is void where prohibited by law.
- Entrants who participate in this Promotion hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsors, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents, from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action of any kind whatsoever that may arise from their participation in this promotion.
RELEASE AND LICENSE
In consideration of entering my photo in the Rover Book project, I hereby grant to RoverWorks, its employees, agents, licensees and personnel who are acting on its behalf (“RoverWorks”), the absolute and irrevocable right and permission throughout the world and in perpetuity, with respect to the attached digital photograph of my pet, me and/or others (if applicable), as well as my image, likeness, name, testimonials, statements, if any, or other related items (the “Authorized Material”):
- To use, re-use, publish, re-publish, post on a website, transmit, modify and edit the Authorized Material, in whole or in part, severally or in conjunction with other materials, in any medium now or hereafter known, for commercial, promotional and educational purposes and for any other purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, publicity, marketing, advertising, fundraising and/or trade, and
- To claim and register copyrights in any materials created by RoverWorks based on, derived from or incorporating all or part of any of the Authorized Material in RoverWorks’ own name or any other name that it may choose.
As a condition for entering my picture in the promotion, I certify that I have the written consent of all other identifiable persons, children and animals in the photo (other than myself or my own children and animals) to be bound by the terms of this Release and License. I understand that RoverWorks will rely on this certification in posting or otherwise using entries prior to selecting a winner and will require me to produce the written releases as a condition of publishing the picture in the Rover: Collective Works Edition.
I hereby release and discharge RoverWorks from any and all claims and demands whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Authorized Material or any reproduction thereof and waive any further claim for compensation in connection with the use of the Authorized Material. I acknowledge that the Authorized Material may be altered or modified and waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product.
This Release and License shall inure to the benefit of RoverWorks’ successors and assigns and shall be binding upon my heirs, successors, assigns and legal representatives.